Digital Archives of the Grupo de Apoyo Mutuo (Guatemala)
Haverford College Civic Engagement Map
- Worked with CLIR Fellow Alex Galarza to develop standards and workflows for
digitization work in Guatemala using Bagit, Archivematica and DuraCloud.
- Actively managed the transfer, security and fixity of more than 3,000 case files
- Created a Django application for the processing of scanned images with
transcription, as well as metadata and authority record creation.
- Worked with students on research projects related to the collection in
Anthropology, History, Linguistics and Computer Science.
- Developing a research application for the collection to allow spatial queries,
facial recognition, semantic search, named entity recognition and other digital
tools for analysis.
- The collection will be published following the philosophy and practices of the
Collections as Data community.
- Created a customized application to map Haverford's community relationships and volunteer opportunities
- The application can be easily managed and updated by College staff.
CRIM Citations: The Renaissance Imitation Mass Project
- Developed web application to lemmatize new texts.
- Supervised student work to upgrade the application to Python 3
- Essential infrastructure, including Ubuntu VM, nginx and uWsgi configuration, ssl certifications, and support.
- Creating partnership between DS students and our Linux Administrator to develop discussion forum and other features.